Speed is essential in the modern world of Internet. Without it, you are pretty much doomed. Google won’t rank your website, and you will lose a ton of visitors. So, obviously, having speed is extremely important. But how do you achieve that? There are many ways to do this, and we will show you just some that you can use to increase the speed of your website or WordPress blog.
1. The first and most important thing you need to do is choose a good web host. A good web host will make or break you, so make sure that you select one that you know will be able to support you and your website. If you don’t feel like the host will be able to support the growth of your website, you might be better opting for a different host. If you don’t select the right host in the beginning, you are making things more difficult for yourself down the road, so it is important to make the right decision in the beginning.
2. If you want to make your WordPress blog much faster, think about using caching plugins. It is a simple and quick way of greatly increasing the speed of your website. Try it and see just how good the results can be.
3. Images can drastically slow down a website, so they need to be optimized well. There are usually a lot of images on websites, so not optimizing them can be a very costly mistake. This should be something you never skip.
4. The theme you are using also has a great impact on the speed of your website. Some themes are not very well optimized, so using them on a website that already has speed issues can be a big mistake. Some WordPress themes are made very well and are optimized very well, so they can add to the speed of your website, rather than take it away.
5. Sliders are something that can be slowing down your website as well. Just like with the WordPress themes, some sliders are better optimized than others. If you want a fast website, you might think about using sliders that don’t slow it down.
6. On a final note, you might think about this. If the texts you write on your blog or website tend to be very long, it might be better for you to split them up in several wholes. Splitting up long articles into several pages is good for website speed optimization, and it can certainly aid you a lot.
These six tips are very simple ways of increasing the speed of your website. They are just a few pieces of advice in a sea of different tips, and if you just do a little more research, you will find a lot more. There are also much more complicated ways of improving the speed of your website, but we will not go into that yet. For now, this will be enough for you to have a fast website!