Trying to select the best anti virus software is vitally important to maintaining a virus free computer system. From personal experience in the late 1990s, my computer was infected with a virus that crippled my computer and left the computer effectively a “dead duck”, leaving all the information and documents that were stored on the system inaccessible. So, as you can imagine, I have always placed great importance on choosing the right anti-virus software to protect my system. To that end, I have decided to review two of, what I think, are the best anti-virus software providers. Maybe you agree or disagree?
Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus
As we all know, the main job of any anti-virus software program must be able to dispose of any viruses and malware with the minimum amount of fuss. It is also key for the software to prevent any further attacks that may come the computer’s way. Many anti-virus programs complement the main functionality of virus protection while packing in loads of additional features, and sometimes take their eye off the ball when it comes to improving their virus protection. Bitdefender we have found is able to add these additional features, yet still do an excellent job with regards to protecting the computer system from any viruses.
- We found Bitdefender to score “Excellent” scores in our various antivirus lab tests.
- There is a unique and innovative “Autopilot mode”, which ensures you are not hassled with loads of setup questions.
- The “anti-phishing” capabilities of the software are quite incredible.
- There is an entirely new feature with the latest version, which is called “ransomware” protection, which we made use of.
- Enhanced password manager ensures all your passwords are stored and inaccessible to others.
- A secure browsing experience is an important part of the Bitdefender software, and it certainly provides this.
- A “vulnerability scan” is able to identify any potential areas that your security could be improved with.
- We struggled to find any disadvantages to the Bitdefender software. One issue we did notice was that the “Password manager’s” form filling functionality didn’t seem to work all that well.
Panda Anti-Virus Pro 2016
This rather interestingly named anti-virus program has been talked about a lot over the last few months.
- The Panda Anti-Virus suite managed to score impressive antivirus scores in our independent tests that were conducted.
- Comes packaged with firewall protection.
- It can prevent untrusted apps from accessing your computer.
- The Wi-Fi protection we found to be excellent.
- Panda Anti-Virus Pro 2016 also comes with an Android security app, allowing you to protect your phone from any viruses.
- In terms of disadvantages, we found Panda Anti-Virus Pro 2016 to be a little less effective against phishing sites compared to other anti-virus software we have reviewed.
Panda Antivirus Pro is available in a free edition, aswell as a paid edition. We would highly recommend upgrading to the paid edition, because the number of features it provides for the money is certainly worth paying for.